Registration is open for Minor Novice, Major Novice and Major Midget rep
team tryouts. If your player is interested in trying out for one of these teams for the upcoming 2019-2020 hockey season, register today! Dates, times and tryout locations will be posted soon.
- Players must register using the online form accessible below. Players that have not registered online will be turned away at the arena.
- A parent of players born in 2004 or later must have completed the Respect in Sport Module. You will need your Respect in Sport number to complete the tryout registration form. Click RIS for more info.
The tryouts are open to all players from within Sarnia; an invitation is not required. Sarnia Hockey Association motioned to "allow travel teams (Minor Pee Wee and above) to select up to 3 Non Resident Players (NRP's) as per OMHA regulation 3.5 iii)". Non Resident Player Selection will be at the coach's discretion and the acceptance of NRP's will be re-evaluated on a yearly basis.
Non-Resident Players (NRP's) wishing to try out for any Sarnia "A/AA" Travel Team Minor Pee Wee and above must:
1) Register with their home association and obtain a NRP Passport
2) Register for tryouts with Sarnia Hockey by completing the On-line Registration Form accessible below
PLEASE NOTE! NRP Players
In order to receive an "NRP" passport and before you can try out for Sarnia, you MUST first register with your home center!
The tryout fee for the scheduled tryouts is $60 or $80 NRP which guarantees a player at least one scheduled tryout
Tryout registration is on-line only. Please click the link below to access the form:
2019-2020 Season Rep Team Tryout Registration Form
Any player who is registered on or before the second scheduled tryout date is entitled to a minimum of 1 tryout within the first 3 tryouts before he or she may be released
Any player who registers on the third scheduled tryout date or any tryout date thereafter may be released after one tryout skate
Of special note:
o All players hoping to obtain a roster spot on a representative team must attend the A/AA tryout sessions for that level
o A player that is offered a roster spot but refuses, will be reassigned to house league and is not allowed to try out at the MD level
o No player may be affiliated to the A/AA and MD teams without having attended the A/AA tryouts
o Players must attend tryout sessions
o Exemption from tryouts will only be granted due to illness, injury or other circumstances and must be requested of the coach and SHA Tryout committee
o The committee is not obligated to grant any exemption requests
In preparation for attending tryouts please make sure you:
1. Complete the online Tryout Registration form
2. Bring a copy of the player's birth certificate to the first tryout
3. Bring a completed and authorized NRP Passport form for those players not from Sarnia
4. Bring full equipment (mouth guards are optional - currently not required by ALLIANCE Hockey) and players be ready to give it your all!