Amazingly, Sarnia is one of the stops for the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour:
When: Dec 19 12:00 pm to Dec 20 10:00 pm
Highlight Event: Dec 20 6:30 pm The Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The game features the Calgary Flames vs. the Detroit Red Wings, with a special pre-game show hosted live on site by Ron MacLean from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET on Sportsnet, alongside co-hosts Tara Slone and Jennifer Botterill.
Where: Front & George Streets, Downtown Sarnia
What else is going on, you ask?
The free hockey-themed weekend will feature several new games, activities, live local entertainment and food trucks for the whole family, including:
- Unique interactive experiences inside the Rogers Share Everything Zone, including virtual autographs with NHL players
- Scotiabank Community Locker Room - featuring meet and greets with NHL Alumni, interactive games and a Scotia Hockey Club commemorative jersey giveaway for youth 16 and under
- The Dodge Stow ‘n’ Go Challenge as well as a chance to win a 2016 Dodge Grand Caravan and $5,000 for a local minor hockey associationSportsnet Be a Broadcaster - call an NHL game highlight reel alongside Sportsnet Central anchor Evanka Osmak
- Playmobil KidsZone with new Playmobil NHL hockey toys, face painting, Sportsnet Magazine cover shoot and sign-making
- McDonald’s® Ball Hockey Rink including pick-up games and hockey skills competitions, personalized hockey cards, as well as free McCafé® brewed coffee on site
- Free hot chocolate inside The Lodge, with a warming lounge, Adirondack chairs with built in Texture by Next Issue and more
- Event concludes Sunday evening following the Rogers Hometown Hockey outdoor viewing party. The game features the Calgary Flames vs. the Detroit Red Wings, with a special pre-game show hosted live on site by Ron MacLean from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio beginning at 6:30 p.m. ET on Sportsnet, alongside co-hosts Tara Slone and Jennifer Botterill.
Rogers Cheer Like Never Before Contest
Leading up to the celebrations in Sarnia, local hockey teams have an opportunity to win the ultimate hockey experience as part of the Cheer Like Never Before contest.
Teams can upload a video of their team cheer, with the Top 5 vote-getters invited to take part in the festivities when the Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour visits Sarnia on December 19 & 20. The winning team in each town will then be in the running to win the trip of a lifetime, including: a trip to an NHL game, VIP Game Day Experience, and perform their team cheer in an NHL dressing room. For full contest details visit www.hometownhockey.com
The Rogers Hometown Hockey Tour presented by Scotiabank and Dodge will roll into 24 communities across Canada this season with a weekend of free outdoor hockey festivities for all ages, culminating in an outdoor viewing party of an NHL game broadcast every Sunday on Sportsnet, with Ron MacLean hosting live on site from the Sportsnet Mobile Studio. Following Sarnia, the tour will visit Oshawa, ON on December 26 & 27, 2015 for the 11th of 24 stops. For more tour information visit www.hometownhockey.com
Click Rogers Hometown Hockey to read more!