FAQs (Sarnia Hockey)




Q: How do I register my child to play hockey with Sarnia Hockey Association?

A: All players wishing to registering with SHA must do so using the Hockey Canada registration module which will be accessible from the website around June 1.  At that time, click on the Registration link on our website's main page.  This will take you to our registration information webpage.  Please take the time to read the information before clicking on the link to the Hockey Canada registration module at the bottom of the page. Once you have reached the Hockey Canada registration module, follow the instructions there to register.  

Q: What forms of payment are accepted for the registration fee?

A: Registration may be paid for by credit card, cheque or etransfer. Post-dated cheques are still an option - simply select 'Cheque' as your method of payment in the Registration module and mail three cheques payable to Sarnia Hockey Association - Dated: JULY 15th, AUGUST 15th, and SEPT 15th along with a copy of your invoice to:

Sarnia Hockey Association,

303 Edgewood St.,


N7S 5S1

Q: My child is older than Instructional age and has never played hockey before but wants to start. Can Sarnia Hockey Association accommodate my child?

A: An inexperience older than Instructional child wanting to participate in our programs can be accommodated but should be able to skate before registering for our house league program. Hockey skills and learning how to play the game will develop with the help of the player's team coaching staff and through participation in games and practices.

Q: Our family just moved to Sarnia from another city.  Does my player need to transfer from his previous minor hockey association?  How do we do that?

A: If your player was previously registered with another association within Ontario, you must complete an Alliance Residential Move form.

Click on the link Residential Move Form OHF

Return the completed form and provide supporting documentation to our Registrar.

If moving to Ontario from another province where your player was registered with another association, you must complete an Alliance Interbranch Transfer form.

Click on the link Interbranch Transfer Form

Return the completed form and provide supporting documentation to our Registrar.

Q: My child, aged 4/5 would like to start playing hockey.  What does your association offer for players his age?

A:  Our Instructional program is offered for 4 to 5 year old players just beginning their minor hockey experience.  Basic skating and hockey skills are emphasized in a weekly one hour on-ice session. 

Q: When do I find out which house league team my player will be on at the start of season?

 A: You or your player will be contacted by your player's House League coach about one week prior to the start of the House League season.  The season starts around the first week in October.

Q: Is my child / player covered by insurance?

A: Yes.  Payment for coverage through Hockey Canada's National Insurance Program is included in your player's registration fee. Click HERE to access the Hockey Canada Insurance Brochure for more information.


























Printed from sarniahockey.com on Saturday, February 16, 2019 at 2:30 PM